Thursday, December 3, 2015

MCAT Update


December 3, 2015. I'm registered for the MCAT in January, so I have roughly 2 months left. I return back to school the Tuesday after Martin Luther King holiday and take the MCAT that weekend. Ideally, with going back to school and my usual slow-ness the week before MCAT, I do not want to leave any major studying for that week. That last week, I want to focus getting back in routine, getting a proper nights rest, and reviewing the little things I seem to forget always.

I started studying for the MCAT around the middle of October and made a whole schedule for myself, factoring trips back home, exam days in school, research deadlines, etc. It's a pretty comprehensive schedule. But the real question -- am I on track?

No.

As being a full-time graduate student and working in a lab, I definitely underestimated the amount of time I would have to study MCAT. I did accomplish a few things, but I'm definitely not on schedule that I wrote up for myself. Rather than dwell on how much farther I wish I was at this point, this post is about my plan of action for the remainder of the time I have.

Now that classes and lab are over until next semester, I can wholeheartedly focus on the MCAT. I'm kind of excited, really. Since I'm studying for the exam on my own -- my friends have a different timeline than me -- I have to keep myself motivated and keep going. This will be my 3rd time taking the exam, so I need to make sure I walk in feeling like I did everything I wanted to do. I registered for the January exam because I have a huge research conference in March along with submissions for research and regular class exams, so I know I'll be distracted around later MCAT dates.

To keep myself on track, I'm going to become regular at keeping a weekly (may turn into daily) log of my progress on this blog. I've realized I need to make short-term, reachable tasks for me to be fully efficient. Long-term goals with the MCAT overwhelm me when I fall off track one day and can't seem to get back. So day-to-day goals work better for me.

Goals by the end of Friday:
+ Finish at least half of Psych content review
+ Finish one chemistry problem set
+ Finish one biology/biochem problem set
+ Finish two verbal exams

See y'all in a couple of days!

0 comments :

Post a Comment